July 22, 2013

Project Life 2013.....Week 19...a week of art

I have lots of Project Life weeks to share so I'll start off the week with Week 19.  It was an art filled where the girls' Spring Art Show coincided with an art class I went to. A perfect week to add some artistic touches to my weekly spread. 
The 2 page spread, a photo in almost every slot.
The left page which I used entire for the girls' Art Show event. Josey starts off my photos with her pretty bird seed box she made me.  She carved out a bird and inlaid some resin material to make it colorful.  I just treasure this gift she made for me. 
The right side which shows a few shots from my art class + winning League track + gradation and more.
I created my main dated insert by making it reflect on the art theme for the week.  Lots of stickers and fun embellishments + some loose watercoloring. 
Jordan stole the show...literally.  Josey was not in art this year, just wood shop.  Jordan got Best of Show with her old pickup painting.  It used a resist technique where you leave white areas that would take on a black painted finish.  The result is a rustic looking painting.  It was displayed front and center and I couldn't be more proud of Jordan.  Here she is photographed with her awesome art teacher.  Oh, how I love her.
More 4 x 6 inserts, this one features me and my friend Carmen with Dina Wakley.  We road tripped to Oklahoma City to take Dina's art journaling class.  It was a fun, fast and furious day filled with so many new techniques.  The class was messy and covered so many new techniques.  It was refreshing to do something just for the sake of creating....and a little out of my comfort zone.
Some watercoloring that I did on a journaling card before adding the typewriter journaling.
Another watercolored journaling card.  Love how this gives a nice subtle color wash.
Back to the 3 x 4 inserts.  I photographed all of Jordan's projects on display with her medals and ribbons.  It's fun to see the artwork here in mini photo form. This was her stippled guitar which got a blue ribbon.
Here on the left is Jordan's wire and bead bracelet which got a gold medal.  On the right is a fun clay project Jordan created.  She made a guitar case with leather like texture, 2 posters (AC/DC and the Beatles), clay guitar picks and small sheet music pieces.  Very clever. She got a bronze medal.
Love that I added these art events to my Project Life albums.  Some day those art pieces may be long gone but the photos will still be here in print.  It was a good week for Project Life.  


5 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

love the watercolored journaling cards, adds so much to the look of them.

Unknown said...

Love your arts, the hues you have used, so appealing. And I admire how you used the stickers. personalized stickers

Tina Campbell said...

Cool spread, love the watercoloring and that you date each photo

Faith Erin said...

I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog! I just ordered some supplies to start my own Project Life so I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas as well as the ones in my head :)

~ Jo ~ said...

Beautiful spreads for this week in your PL. Your daughter is very talented! I am sure you are so proud of her! I love how you did the washes and watercoloring throughout the JC. I have not started my PL yet but you are giving me some great ideas and inspiration. I am looking forward to seeing more of your PL spreads.

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails