December 20, 2011

Project Life Week of September 18-September 24, 2011

Back with another Project Life update. I've gotten a lot of weeks caught up so I'll probably start updating the blog with a recent week + an older week from the Summer/Fall months. I'm TWO weeks away from being totally caught up. Such a good feeling. I just need to go back and work on the extra insert pages that I either want to do traditional layouts for or add into divided page protectors.

This week was featured on Becky's blog here. Each month Becky will be featuring Project Life layouts + other projects from the Creative Team on her blog. It's such a pleasure to work with these amazingly talented gals.
This week featured a typical week for us. It captures the day to day events of the girls' school & sports activities plus a few other happenings. For supplies I used Project Life products from the Turquoise line plus some Kraft themed items from My Mind's Eye's Happy Days line. This is my left page.
And here's the right page.
For my main dated insert, I added punched patterned paper circles to a Project Life insert.
On these two Project Life journaling cards, I added journaling with my vintage typewriter, some small sticker letters, a stamp from My Mind's Eye and a small photo of a text message from Jordan. Text messages make great make great topics for your Project Life pages. Simply take a screen shot on your cell phone and print off a photo. This particular text message talks about a message Jordy sent me about getting a stain on her shirt. She has this quirk that every single thing will leave a stain and always asks, "Will this leave a stain?" This is sure to spark a fun memory years down the road.
Here I used patterned paper for my base journaling card inserts and added patterned paper from My Mind's Eye. I've started adding one card that is weekly recap of events. I make a bullet type list with my typewriter or hand write our list of events. On the left I used a Large White Tag which is perfect to run through your typewriter and stamp on. On the right I added some flag banners, twine and letter stickers.
The left insert coordinates with a photo of my calendar which can be seen above. I had ONE day where there was nothing on my calendar. A square to spare. A bare square. It was a rare occurrence indeed. A journaling card from the Turquoise kit with a calendar theme was perfect for this day. On the right I used a paper garland from My Mind's Eye along with my hand written journaling.
More accents added to Project Life Turquoise card + a stitched on ticket border from My Mind's Eye. If you purchase collections of a particular line, they work great on your Project Life pages. Each little journaling card becomes a mini scrapbook layout.
And that's it for this week. I've read that lots of you are getting your new Project Life products. I'm so excited to start a fresh new year. Feel free to link up your pages in the comments section any time. I love to see your work.

Other happenings:
The reds have their last day of school today before Winter Break. We're wrapping up the school week with basketball games and then it's time to relax. Or "chillax" as the girls say. We'll be finishing up the new Lounge room just in time for some movie nights, sleepovers, parties and more. Looking forward to the good times to come.

Etsy shop:
Lots of sale items in the shop. All orders are shipping within 24-48 hours, excluding weekends. Thank you so much for your support this year. I really appreciate your business. :) I'll be restocking the shop with new items in 2012. :)

6 comments:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

I always love taking a closer look at your Project Life pages. Especially the one about Jordan thinking everything will be a stain! lol.

Theresa & Keith said...

Wow...I love your pages! I want to try to add more "stuff" and this blog is going to be my go to place for inspiration!! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Would love to see photos of the reds's lounge room when you get a chance. The snippets you have shown us look fabulous. I need to do something similar for my 2 kids.

perelka111 said...

I love your pages

kate adderley said...

Love your work mish, did you finish the quilt you had on your blog , would love to see more pics, lm starting project life for the first time next year, cant wait to get my pack, l brought page pockets similar to beckys as l didnt know l could get project life in Australia, and have been making my own bits and bobs to fill the pockets,love this way of scraping, l add some pics of my pocket work on my blog today, under FOR CLAIRE, if you want to see them, go to kateadderley.blogspot.com...........cheers kate

Aninha said...

I love these fun memories you captured. You are so talented!

Related Posts with Thumbnails