December 26, 2011

Project Life Week of December 4-December 10, 2011

Edited for question: Clem asked.......how are you doing the photo collages? The photo collages from this post were done using the Diptic app on my iPhone.

Happy day after Christmas. Did you all survive? Jordy woke us up dark and early at 5am. So we got a very early start to the day and enjoyed opening presents at home. Then we had lunch at my folks and supper at the in-laws. A very nice day spent with loved ones. Today Eric installed the new flat screen in the girls' Lounge. They're playing Dance 3 on the Wii right now. This week we have two big parties planned to break in the new room....one for Jordan's friends, one for Josey's friends. Yes, I am nuts but it's a great way to get the girls to clean. Fun with friends=a clean house for mama. ;)

Today I'm working on cleaning up the Craft Department so that I can take photos of my Project Life work area and do a post soon. In the meantime I have another recent week of Project Life to share. The Winter weeks became a lot busier as we neared Christmas so most slots were filled with photos.
For this week I used papers and accents from My Mind's Eye's Happy Days collection. It's a real favorite of mine from MME. I had lots of areas that I wanted to add journaling to also so I reached for some return address labels and used my vintage typewriter. I love adding these labels to my Project Life for journaling. Here's my left page.
And here's my right page.
In a recent blog post, I showed some hand made journaling cards that I made from an Etsy kit. This week, I put all of those cards to good use. I really like having a collection of journaling cards available that will all fit into one week's theme. I easily filled in the blank spots with photos or other journaling cards. For the main, dated insert I added some buttons and my date stamp.
Here are the first 2 journaling cards. They each have My Mind's Eye patterned paper as backgrounds and then small photos on top. The ticket is from MME's as well. Here you see the small, typed labels come into action. You might notice that I stitched over each label. Once I had my 2 pages completed I noticed that the labels did not stick well to the thick Kraft paper of this particular line of MME. No biggie and I kinda like the look.
Here I used another journaling card that I had already made. On the right I added 2 square sticky notes from Studio Calico's Classic Scrap Pads. I stuck them to a sheet of copy paper, inserted them into my typewriter, typed my journaling, then stitched to my journaling card. A portion of the journaling was done with small letter stamps.
Here I used two more journaling cards from the little batch I made. I love these two....Washi tape, paper doily, Tiny Tim staples, chipboard star, ticket, stitching, old dictionary paper, small Hero Arts letter stamps, Mister Huey. Lots of crafty goodness in such a small amount of space. Definitely gives me my scrapbooking fix. :)
Here I've done some fancy work with 4 Instagram photos that I made into a collage with the Diptic app. I trimmed the photo in half and then added them to two, separate journaling card slots. They end up looking like 1 square photo with a few embellishments like the Papertrey number die and MME ticket. I love that I can capture 4 photos of one event, like Josey's basketball game, without having to add additional page protectors.
Here I used Diptic for this photo also. I typed my journaling onto a Large White Tag that was stapled & stitched to my 4 x 6 base + I also stitched on the typed labels.
For this 4 x 6 insert I added an Instagram photo of the day we finally got our tree up. I added some My Mind's Eye mini circle garland and stapled on some Washi tape.
Another insert that uses an Instagram/Diptic modified photo of the girls' Lounge room. I added a banner from My Mind's Eye + used 3 labels for journaling.
Same type of photo here that shows progress on one of the girls' quilts. Note: The quilts went by the way side due to the holiday happenings. I'm planning on working on them again once things settle down. I did get one top completely done, the one you see below. The chipboard arrow square is from MME. Those fun products really got a work out this week.
And one last 4 x 6 insert that shows more typed labels, MMY product, Washi tape and a photo collage of the girls with their friend Megan. I hung up a small chalkboard that I forgot I purchased at the thrift show this Fall. I thought the girls would like to write holiday messages on it. First thing on the chalkboard said: "My mother is crazy". I could really feel the love on this day from Josey.
And that's it for another week down in the scrapbook. Wow, there was a ton of memories added this week....and I got them all recorded. This year's album is gonna be so awesome. I'm so glad I'm nearly caught up. Stay tuned for a year in review post coming soon in addition to my Project Life work space. Okay, I think I'll go kick some Dance 3 butt on the Wii. Watch out, Reds. ;)

6 comments:

CLEM said...

how are you doing the photo collages?

Janessa said...

I have been following your blog for a long time and have been drooling over PL. My sweet husband got me one for Christmas! It's the Clentine edition and I am so excited to get started. Thanks for the inspiration.

Linda said...

The reds room looks awesome and so does the quilt. If i can do my PL anything like yours it will be great to use up some of the bits and bobs i have stashed everywhere.
Have fun dancing.
Xx

Stephanie said...

My first (and so far, only) project life was meant to document the first year and a bit of my son's life... I got bored partway through and abandoned it. Seeing your scrapped-up PL pages has really inspired me!! Thank you :)

KAREN said...

I so miss your work at PTI but I LOVE seeing your Project Life work. You are my Project Life idol! I did PL in 2011 but simply inserted photos and still have to write the journalist cards. This year I am doing PL and am going to attempt more of a scrapbooky look. I purchased an old typewriter and several AE stamp sets. I have my supplies organized in two desktop organizers, I think I am ready to go. Thanks so much for all your inspiration. I just love reading your blog! Happy New Year, too!

PrinzessinN said...

OMG how beautiful and a lot of work! Love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails