December 30, 2011

Decorated boxes....for the girlies

Back today with a fun gift wrap project that Jordan made for some of her besties for Christmas. We found these fun necklaces with each of the girl's initial. Now we just needed some fun packaging.
I knew Jordan would love the Loopsy-Daisy Die Collection as soon as I showed her the concept. Yep, she took over and made 4 sweet bows out of patterned paper. She added tiny store bought Christmas bows to the top. Very cute!
Next she made cute tags using Alpha-Blocks from Papertrey and Pure Poppy ink.
She splattered some Small Kraft Gift Boxes with white spray mist first then tucked her little necklaces inside with tissue paper. Using pinking shears, I helped her cut Pure Poppy Felt into some cute pinked strips that she secured around the boxes with tape.
She added a rhinestone to each tag than packaged all the boxes up. I thought Jordan did a great job and all of her little friends loved the necklaces....and the cute boxes.
I know that Christmas is behind us now but this idea could easily be used for Valentine treats, birthdays, etc. Be sure to let your kids help with the gift wrap. They really love to create pretty things for their friends. Jordan was so happy with her finished gifts and kept them save and sound under a little tree she had in her room. :)

9 comments:

Barbara said...

Christmas may be behind us for a little while... but isn't it always ahead of us, too??? They are cute!

Sue Ann said...

I love that you are teaching them how to make a package beautiful. My husband always tells me that you eat with your eyes first and I think the same it true with a gift. She did a FANTASTIC and CREATIVE job on these cute gifts

cjgusloff57 said...

Very cute gift boxes! I love it when young girls are interested in being creative. I just hope I remember this cute idea when I have a small gift to wrap.

Unknown said...

good job jordan! what a great idea for birthadys too...or just because!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

These are so cute! She did a great job... I love crafting with my girls - it must make your heart swell to see how wonderful she is with your favourite goodies!

KAREN said...

Those Christmas boxes are so cute. I know the girls loved opening them! It's nice your daughters like to craft. My daughter likes to too. Love this idea for birthdays and valentines day.

June K said...

Such cute packaging. Nice job, Jordan. I like the little extra touches you added with the rhinestone on the tag and white spray on the boxes.

Cindy H. said...

These are really so pretty, Jordan!! You did a great job and they look so fun. Who wouldn't be excited to receive one of these adorable little gifts!

Sandy Kay said...

How cute - and how nice that you have a crafty daughter! I've tried to get both of my daughters interested in this type of thing....they're both grown now. Jordan did a fantastic job!

Related Posts with Thumbnails