November 5, 2011

Project Life Week of May 15-21, 2011

Project Life Week of May 15-21, 2011

I've recently caught up on 8 weeks of my Project Life. Still lots to work on but I have high hopes of being all caught by the time 2012 rolls around. I'm still loving this method of scrapbooking. Here's a spread from earlier this summer.
For this spread I used lots of pieces from the Simple-Stories, 100 Days of Summer line. Here's the left page.
Here's the right page. Sorry about that sticky note...I'm planning to add newspaper clippings and some inserted page protectors that show lots of photos from the tornado that hit just 15 miles from our home this summer. All of the weeks that I plan to add more *stuff* to have sticky notes + plain page protectors that are holding photos, collected items, etc.
I also added in my birthday cards from this year. I remember seeing sweet cards from when I was a child so I love the thought of looking at card designs years down the road.
Here I used a chipboard cloud from Studio Calico, a Large White Tag, a folded journaling card from the Amber Project Life kit and a little sticky note(with arrow) from my Smash book goodies.
Here I used a striped paper clip with flag from the Smash Book collection (K & Company). I also used a Small White Tag tied to a gift tag with baker's twine.
I tried the new Days of the Week stamp by Jenni Bowlin. I thought these would be little. Oh no, they're huge....like 1" high by 3" wide. But I love them. On the right card, I used a little sticky note from Studio Calico. I think there's 3 styles of these...love them all. Tip: If you want to add vintage typewriter journaling like I did, insert a piece of copy paper in your typewriter.....then adhere the sticky note. This helps it from getting torn if you were to wind it through the typewriter.
And here's a few cards I made from the leftovers. I used stamps from Hero Arts and Papertrey Ink. Patterned papers are from Simple-Stories. Stamping was done on Project Life journaling cards. I love the idea of using up the scraps to make a few cards to add to my stash.
I'm really thrilled to see all the buzz about everyone starting Project Life in 2012. Good for you! And great for me because I get to see more Project Life layouts. :) Be prepared...I've got 7 weeks of Project Life layouts ready to share.

Note: As I look back at this layout, I realized that I must have had a mild case of dyslexia this scrapbooking session because all my numbers on the date stamps are jumbled. Oh well, we get the drift. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mish, I had to let you know that your wonderful Project Life pages have ALMOST convinced me that I need to do this in 2012. I'm just not sure that I can fit it in with everything else in my life (working, kids, husband, etc), but I love your freestyle "mix it up" approach. Do you feel like sharing with us how long it would take you to do a double page spread (one week's worth of photos & stories)? Thanks Mish & I love visiting your blog!

Jo R. (Australia)

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Michelle, love this project of yours. I'm trying my hand at something similar starting with the new year. My husband and son marvel at my memory of where we got things and special sentimental items. My husband commented that I should jot all of these things down...hmmm think I will LOL!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails