September 13, 2011

Holiday Photo Finishers

Hi there. I'm back today for the second Papertrey Group Post for this month's release. Today it's all about creating holiday cards...especially ones that can add photos to. Nichole's new Holiday Photo Finishers is a great set that allows you to create photo cards with the perfect finishing touches. Included in the lineup is the Holiday Photo Finishers stamp set + a set of 4 coordinating Photo Finish Strips dies.

Today I've created two projects to show how you can use the stamp + coordinating dies with a photo or without.
First up is a 6 x 6 Christmas card that features a 4 x 6 collage photo I created with my Canon Selphy. You could also create something similar with Photoshop or Walgreens has a collage editing feature on their website too. My card will double as a scrapbook page that can be added to a small album. I'm thinking that perhaps this could be a good tradition to start for the grandparents....6 x 6 holiday, birthday, vacation cards, etc that will fit right into a small album.
I embellished the side of my card with patterned paper + a few paper items. The *wonderful* is a sticker from my stash and the *memory* block is one of my favorite stamps from the featured set.
On the bottom of the page I used one of the new dies + a coordinating stamp that nestles right into the die perfectly. I notched the left edge with scissors. The circle *Christmas Cheer* accent is another favorite stamp from this set. I stamped the image onto some ledger paper then punched it out with my 1.75" circle punch. A trio of tied Vintage Buttons and machine stitching finish off the card.
Next up I've used more of the same supplies, minus the photo, to create a regular holiday card.
I love the graphic images + fonts in this set. Here I used a metal rimmed tag with a stamped piece of ledger paper for an accent. The *warm wishes* sentiment was stamped on another Photo Finish Strips die. Each of the dies has a built in set of embossed lines...a great finishing touch. Papers on the card are Dawn's new Candy Cane Christmas + some October Afternoon. I also used some machine stitching, October Afternoon spray mists, and Vintage Buttons tied with baker's twine.
Hope you enjoyed my projects today. Be sure to link up to the rest of the PTI team blogs for more inspiration.

5 comments:

Gabby said...

I like your idea of the 6x6 cards becoming pages for a scrapbook! Nice photo collage and stamped details. Your card looks great, too. TFS :)

Peggy said...

I love the idea of making 6 x 6 cards which can be put into an album. I know grandparents and others would love this. You are always coming up with the best ideas and I love seeing your creations. Thank yo for sharing them with us.
God bless,
Peggy

Tosha said...

Your crafting is so inspiring and educational, always something a bit different. Love your post. Thanks for sharing.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I love those photo finishers, what a cool idea and so versatile, not just for photos but for cards, homemade treats, etc. I can't wait to order them!

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Warm, friendly (cozy really) and such a lovely idea to create photo collages for small albums! Thanks for the inspirations.

Related Posts with Thumbnails