February 15, 2011

Vintage Finds Card

Wow, what a month for Papertrey goodies right? For the rest of the month I'll be showing you cards from my PTI gallery and a few new cards like this one that I created using Button Boutique.
I absolutely love the idea of being able to create vintage looking button cards without depleting my stash of the ones I've found at thrift shops, auctions and my little junking outings. Those little treasures will serve as inspiration for sure. Here I've created a colorful button card using Summer Sun, Dark Chocolate and Aqua Mist inks. For the button card itself, I used four different stamps from the Button Boutique stamp set. You can mix and match the fun graphics and sentiments til the cows comes home. The Bitty Background Blocks stamp set works perfectly with the pinked square die that comes in the button lineup of dies. I used the gingham patterned in Aqua Mist as the underneath layer for my buttons.
For the bottom of my card I used lots of October Afternoon scraps from my little scrap basket I keep at my stamping table and then stitched back and forth to keep them all attached. I also added a snippet of Sweet Symphony patterned paper. Wrinkle Ribbon and a tiny clothespin from my shop finish off the card. One of my favorite new cards for sure...it will be going up on my clipped row of cards for display and inspiration. Hope you enjoy!
Now for the rest of the month...

momsitting: my dad is going to Africa for long jaunt so i've got some fun plans for my mom to keep her entertained.

sewing projects: some beautiful new fabric is calling my name...and so is this cute project. i think i even know someone who can make me yo yos. ;)

tidying up: love to clean up my work table after a PTI release so i can start even more projects. i've got a fun idea for a inspiration scrap basket that i'll show you soon.

on the shelf: a few new items to inspire me will go up on the shelf soon. photos to come as soon as i get it organized.

dreaming of flowers: found a new Better Homes and Garden magazine that features gardening with flea market finds. can't wait to thumb through that. am missing my flower beds.

project life: coming along nicely and hoping to add some posts about that soon.

meal planning: got a new system of lists that is helping me out lots.

today: shipping out etsy orders, cleaning up the studio, working on my project life, getting events on the calendar.

on being a mom: lots of giddy girls coming home after school then we'll head out to some basketball games. i love a house full of laughing, beautiful girls.

19 comments:

Ruth S said...

This card is just darling! So pretty ;)
Thanks for sharing Mish!

Connie Pruitt said...

Love your card. Tried to order the button card die cut set, but they are not available. Darn! Will have to wait to order!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE the Oct. Afternoon paper and sewn scraps at the bottom. The card of buttons is neat and so it the doily peeking out from behind! What fun! Sue (suen)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! I LOVE the Oct. Afternoon paper and sewn scraps at the bottom. The card of buttons is neat and so it the doily peeking out from behind! What fun! Sue (suen)

Rosie Lilya said...

Mish- I can't wait to see your towels! You are right, that is an awesome project.

Cindy said...

I just love this new stamp set. I ordered it this morning as soon as I got up. I am really liking the vintage looking sets you are designing. I love to add old buttons, lace, and book pages to my cards.
If you like that style in your garden, you should get the BH&G magazine Country Gardens. (Maybe that was the one you got?!) I have been reading it for years and love it. So many good ideas.
Anyway, thanks for all your hard work to inspire us!

Melissa Rodgers said...

Love Love Love this!!

Kim H. said...

This card is beautiful. OHHH how I wish I had a smidge of your creativity! You are the one artist that I case the most! My family keeps telling me that the cards I send to them for holidays etc... are SO "great" - I tell them that "Mish's" cards SO great! I just find a way to copy them for my family to enjoy! But I do love to create them! It feels so good! Thank you for all your creativity and wonderful, simply wonderful style. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for such a great PTI release. I also love your posts about other kinds of crafty projects. I love to sew, but only quick projects, so thanks for the inspiration.

Annette-California said...

I have been waiting for today the 15th of Feb. I too woke up and ordered your Button Boutique stamp set. I love all your creations and the stamp set is amazing! Can't wait to recieve it and play. I'll keep checking as to when the die cut sets will become available. Thank you sharing and for your inspiration.

A Cup of Cold Water said...

You are amazing, Mish! You are a great Mom and I LOVE that. Those Reds are 2 lucky girls!
Thanks for sharing
Susan

Beth Norman said...

Such a stunning csrd. It is put together so beautifully. So, your dad is going to Africa, how cool. My daughter went twice to help build a school.

Diana said...

Thanks for posting the site for the kitchen towel;; I think I can make one of those!
Before I forget...one more tidbit about the yo-yos: I've been making a bunch the past few days (to cover a pillow) and found that my circle Nesties are perfect for this! They only cut thru 2 layers of fabric, but they give me perfect circles, so I don't get so annoyed at my lousy scissor skills. Just thought I'd let you know; might make your mom's work easier :)

Karen said...

I love your card! Well I love all of your things! I would love to know what your menu planning system is.

Anne Tussing said...

Gorgeous card! Love this button set and love how you used the different buttons.

Diana F. said...

I love this card and I love all your new stamp sets. I also loved where you posted what you are up to in your life currently. I will be on the lookout for the BH&G magazine.
I got a new magazine this week by Country Almanac called Flea Market Gardens. It's great, lots of great eye candy. I think you would like it.
Thank you for all the great posts on your new stamp sets. I cannot wait to see your Easter cards,treats and I hope new notepads. You are so awesome.

kinderdi said...

Beautiful card. Just love that button card set! I also love the dish towel tutorial. I may try making one of those, too. : )

Smita said...

OMG! I loved the Bitty Background blocks... the card looks adorable!

Smita

Recipe Cards said...

Hi friend,

Cute cards, it's looking so sweet and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Recipe Cards

Related Posts with Thumbnails